to PIE and CARE members:

I wanted to bring your attention to a subject matter that I know is of
interest to us all -
taking daily meds accurately dosed and on a timely basis.

This has been the most difficult "hurdle" for my mom (as a CGiver) and dad
(PWP) to successfully accomplish day in/day out, week in/week out, year
in/year out and, of course, it's like the moon, constantly changing!

Because I saw how frustrating it was for Daddy when he forgot a dose, and
then for Mom, to have to deal with the "assumed guilt" of (a) not reminding
him, (b) not personally giving it to him, (c) not knowing which way to go -
skip it when you remember you forgot it?  or try and retrace your steps and
risk a double dose?  PLUS - it's now potentially thrown one (1) or two (2)
days of behavior off kilter that you BOTH have to deal with.

Anway - it's a big deal and one that each of us have devised personalized
systems to work for us.

I've been working with (not "for") a company called MedPrompt whose website I
recommend you visit:
<A HREF="http://www.medprompt.com/">Click here: MedPrompts medical paging
service to aid in prescription compliance and help prevent prescription non
compliance.</A>

What I've been trying to assist them with is encouraging/persuading insurance
companies to cover the cost of these type services (which can vary person to
person) as well as finding groups or agencies interested in matching or
funding payment for these services.

Please visit the site.  If this is something that you would be interested in,
please contact me OFFLINE.  I can email you two (2) forms that you, as the pot
ential customer, would fill out:
1.  the PATIENT REGISTRATION FORM
2.  the DOCTOR'S REFERRAL FORM

Email them back to me (or to MedPrompt) and they will send them to your
insurance company for consideration.

YOU'RE NOT SIGNING ON FOR SERVICE -
YOU'RE NOT JUST BECOMING SOMEONE'S DATA BASE -

You're doing two things -
1.  finding out IF your insurance company(ies) would cover the monthly cost
    +
2.  indicating to your insurance company (and leaving a paper trail) that
this is a service that would benefit you, their customer, and them in the
longrun (but that's all discussed in the website)

Let me know if you have any questions, but I think the website speaks for the
quality and intention of MedPrompt.

IMPORTANT FOR LISTMEMBERS, MOMS AND DADS:  I have never referenced either of
these lists in my conversations with MedPrompt personnel - again, I'm just
trying to help overall - and wanted you to know of this site and it's
services.

Thanks -

Cari
  daughter of Dempsey-PWP (71/16+)