I too, received a virus in my mail program several weeks ago from the Parknson board.  Now that I look back at it, it really is kind of a "funny" virus.  I forgot the name of it but if you open the attachment it creates a program in your computer and begins to mail itself out to all of your prior email people.  Anyway, the wierd thing is:  when I read the message that it came to me in, I wanted a print out of this certain message, so I printed it and then I tried to open the attachment because the PS in the email said "PS please look at the attached and let me know what you think."  Then the attachment would not open so I assumed the attachment was sent incorrectly.  The next day my Outlook Express was 'going crazy'.  I took my hard drive to my local computer repair shop and they removed the virus program.  It really is not harmful, just a real pain, so I think the anti virus companies spread these viruses so you must update or purchase their new antivirus program (which, of course, I did, $35.00).  Anyway, back to the most important part of this too-long message.... now that I look at my original print out of the original email... that PS is NOT printed on the printout!  So, perhaps this is one way to check if it is a 'bad' attachment?  Apparently, the virus can't alter your original typed email in hard copy.  Apparently it can only be visable when viewing it on-screen.

Jackie