Hi All,

Is anyone taking Remeron?  I understand it is fairly new.  It is an
anti-depressant and also has sedative qualities.

Remeron was prescribed this week for my father.  He has been feeling pretty
low, plus he has difficulty sleeping well at night.  He was taking low
doses of Effexor in the morning (for depression) and Ambien at bedtime.
Last night he took his first Remeron (1/2 of a 15mg pill) and he is VERY
groggy this morning.  He did sleep well through the night.

Question:  If you have taken Remeron, did you experience this grogginess
AND did it gradually wear off as you acclimated to the medication, or are
you STILL groggy?

Jane Koenig
Marietta, GA
(daughter of Fred, 81/MSA~3)