what is sleep apnea? I am asking because when my hubby is sleeping
sometimes something is blocking his airway and you can hear him struggling
in his sleep to get a breath of air. He snapps out of it rather quickly
thank goodness but does it over and over a few times. I am not sure how to
treat this. I usually jab him or make him turn over but I think he even
does this on his side. I get nervous waiting for him to get unblocked
sometimes.

Is this normal and/or how can we treat this? Is it part of pd?

thanks, Coleen :)

At 12:26 PM 03/23/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>> No doubt about it, and it's the *peripheral* autonomic system as
>> well.
>>
>Then my next question is....how does PD affect the heart and respirations??
>We have heard from many folks on this list who have problems with  sleep
>apnea - as well as other respiratory abnormalities.  Some of our past
>participants have died suddenly - which makes one wonder about the effects
>of PD on the heart.  Have studies been done on the effects of PD on these
>two systems?
>-----
>God bless
>Mary Ann

MISSING LINKS, Adoptees/triad support group
Grants Pass, So. OREGON
541-862-2226