On 22 Mar 00 at 22:00, Frans van Duinen wrote:
SNIP
> I've always wondered if the real cause of PD/Alzheimer e.a. is chronic
> malnutrition of brain cells.
SNIP

Hi Frans & All,
I've been off list for 5 or 6 days and have several hundred messages to scan
but this statement *grabbed* me....  I've speculated a little along this line too.
I know my PD  & meds react much better to Borscht for lunch than they do
to almost any sandwich...  I know some things tend to block the effects of
our meds (excess protein in a Tuna Melt for instance) but does the Borscht
enhance the way my meds work? I'm referring to the vegetarian Borscht
which is primarily made of cabbage and root vegetables, beets, carrots, parsnips,
with onion, garlic and dillweed for flavor and a few peas to keep it interesting...
Does the overall number of PWP per 100,000 vary substantially based on the
prevailing *diet* of the population in certain geographical areas? North as
opposed to South? American as opposed to European? You may think I'm
jesting, but I'm not.  I fully subscribe to a theory that malnutrition may
contribute substantially to brain related disorders.
I'd like to know what others think of this one....
Kathrynne? Your opinion, please...

All the best everyone ........... murray

PS: I have no financial interest in the Borscht cartel...  Now I'm jesting...