Frans van Duinen wrote:
> Does anyone know a good (any) resource on the effect of specific medications
> on the vitamins and other nutrients in the body?
> The reason I'm asking is that for the last two weeks I've had this
> excruciating lower back pain (pinched nerve?), as well as the occasional leg
> muscle cramp. (commonly signs of lack of calcium)
> This coincides with a new regime of Permax (still ramping up) and 3x2
> Domperidone (anti nausea).

Frans --
In regard to Permax, the following is excerpted from an adverse
reactions report on pergolide (Permax):

"For the body as a whole, pain has been reported at a variety of sites
while taking pergolide. These include chest, neck and back pain."

As you state the pain coincides with your use of Permax, I think it
would be a good idea to discuss this with your physician.

My very best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/