At 06:49 PM 2000/03/30 -0500, Carole Hercun <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Hi jp: Eloquent as always, but the dark tone of this
>posting disturbs me. As you (and many other PWPs) well
>know, the battle with Clinical Depression for control over
>our lives is often a life-long one. Those of us whose brain
>chemistry is wired in a certain way are probably always
>going to experience higher highs and lower lows than our
>less labile brothers and sisters. But it is up to us to
>recognize the enemy when it rears its ugly head and to
>fight the good fight, whether it means "talk therapy", a
>change or increase in dosage of our anti-depressant, or
>simply riding it out with the knowledge that we WILL feel
>better in time. We will ALWAYS be more sensitive to the
>"slings and arrows" of everyday life and need to be on
>alert for the intrusion of CD into our precious lives...
>                    Carole Hercun 53/51/?45

my dear carole

your concern touches me

maybe sometimes my 'eloquence' gets the better of me
and pierces more deeply than i intend

i've been feeling all sorts of emotions the past few days
but i really don't feel that the cd slime
is getting a foothold on this parkie

in other circumstances in a semi-parallel universe
the young woman who took her own way out of this world
could have been my long-lost daughter
whose 34th birthday was on monday
and whom i have not yet met in person
but expect to in a couple of months
and whose birth father contacted me a few days ago
for the first time in over 30 years

i feel great sadness [maybe partially by proxy] for the young woman's parents
who are still stuggling with acceptance of their progeny's illness
let alone the reality of the consequences of that illness

but i also feel certain
that they can and will arrive at acceptance and peace in time

while doing the 'digging' to find those posts
i felt and still feel humbled and grateful at the sharing which has taken place here
and which still speaks so clearly from the archives
and which still goes on right here and now

your cyber-sis

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0