Linda wrote:

>Our son has epilepsy - also "idiopathic" like my PD, and there
> is no other family history. I often wonder if there could be a genetic
> connection - could he have inherited a genetic neurological susceptibility
> from me, that under certain environmental conditions can bring on
> seizure disorders, and under others bring on Parkinson's symptoms
> instead?  Just a theory, but I can only hope that by the next generation,
> we will know how to prevent and cure both of these disorders.
> Linda

Linda, as always you are a fountain of information and insight.

Very interesting that my son also has a form of epilepsy (partial complex
seizures) which are fortunately totally controlled by Tegratol. In fact we
have the same Neurologist at Kaiser Health Plan.  I registered him (us) with
the "gene discovery" project of the Epilepsy Foundation last year.  I learned
about that effort through my participation with NINDS on the "registry"
project on behalf of PDF. As Curt indicated the PD organizations have been
invited to participate.

You never posted the email I sent you regarding the National Health Interview
Survey (NHIS) for the listserv, so I am going to embarrass you by revealing
that you uncovered an error in the documentation of the NHIS which is now
being corrected.