Dear Fred,

I believe it is very important to get the exact names of all medications
Barbara is taking. Is it possible she is taking Percodan? Here are some
possible adverse reactions:

Ativan (lorazepam)
Patients receiving levodopa for Parkinson's disease can experience
decreased control of the symptoms of this disease when benzodiazepines
are added to their regimen. Benzodiazepines should be administered
cautiously to such patients.

Concomitant administration of lorazepam with CNS-depressant drugs,
including opiate agonists, phenothiazines, barbiturates, ethanol,
HÀ-blockers, general anesthetics, and tricyclic antidepressants, can
potentiate the CNS effects (i.e., increased sedation or respiratory
depression) of either agent.

Parlodel (bromocriptine)
http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/drugdb/020.html
(Bromocriptine and levodopa are both dopamine agonists. Concomitant use
of these agents can cause additive neurologic effects. Although this
drug combination may be necessary in some patients, dosages of levodopa
may require reduction if bromocriptine is added. )

Percocet
http://www.ionet.net/~jcott/homepage/drugdb/096.html
(dopamine antagonist -- high risk)

Please give Barbara my very best wishes for a speedy recovery; she is in
my thoughts and prayers.
Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's disease"
     & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's disease,"
     J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/