Dear Marcy

Rick Coe suggested you as someone who might be able to advise me on what to
read for a project I am doing as part of my MA on academic writing
instruction via distance education. (The course on academic writing I am
researching is not offered on-line, although email access is a requirement,
and participation in a closed net-based caucus is encouraged) Is there
anything that you have come across that you think might be of use? I am
particularly interested in how students in this context enter into a
rhetorical community, and am also reading Lave & Wegner, as well as using
new rhetorical genre theory.

thanks.

See you at Bowen Island in may!

Shurli