Dear Barb B-K, Fred, & List Family....

If Barb's in a typical hospital bed, I'd suspect she'd be in a
semi-reclining position, thus her neck and throat are slightly
tilted back and/or extended, or possibly even stretched
uncomfortably.

IF that's so, merely by tilting her head downward slightly, till
her chin and/or neck are relaxed by the downward tilt, might just
rid Barb of the swallowing problem entirely.

Several years ago I was having a TERRIBLE time swallowing till
someone posted this same info on the PD List about 4 years ago.
That one change - making sure my neck wasn't extended when I was
eating or taking meds has done the trick for me.

Barb Mallut