Dear LInda, Barb and Fred, and group,

I am relieved.  I have been on pins and needles
here, and want to wish Barb every good wish for
success in recovering.

Please ask Fred to consider cutting the Tasmar
dose size to the lowest possible.  Adding Tasmar
means watching for dyskinesis, and allows
reduction of Sinemet, with lengthened On-periods.

Reducing Sinemet means fewer peaks and
valleys of circulating dopamine-which translates
into fewer roller coaster rides between On- and
Off-periods.

At least, that has how Tasmar is helping me.
I am on 50 mg per dose, never more than 5
times, and usually 4 times per day.  The 100 mg
pills that my neurologist prescribed, are cut in
half, also with his agreement.

Keep us posted, and THANKS!

Ivan
:-)

P.S.  GO BARB GO!  hope you can make
it back home soon, and continue to improve

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000 08:29:42 -0500 Linda J Herman <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Dear list members,
>       I spoke to Barbara and Fred  last night and they said
> yesterday was
> a better day for Barb. She was even able to talk to me on the phone
> for a
> short time - the first time in 2 weeks. She is feeling a little
> better,
> but it is still difficult for her to move, and they are also
> concerned
> about all the medications she is taking. Fred said her Sinemet dose
> is
> now as high as it was before, but they are trying to substitute
> Tasmar
> again for Comtan, (CUT)

> Linda Herman

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       40    deg. F   :-)