FRED and BARB>>>>

I use Swiss Kriss, one tablet a day-herbal, gentle,
has relieved ALL of my PD-related  and medication-
related constipation, for six months now,
without causing the runs or any irritation of
any kind.

Swiss Kriss herbal tablets from Modern Products,
Milwaukee Wisc.  I discovered this  product from a nurse
who used to be my across-the-street neighbor.

It has powdered senna leaves, along with peach,
raspberry and licorice.  This makes "pooping"
a whole new experience!

I got my Swiss Kriss from my local organic
food store (Whole Grocer, Portland, Maine).

Ivan
:-)

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 19:56:24 -0400 janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> At 07:16 PM 2000/04/02 -0400, William Heitman <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >Fred,
> >Right now, it is quite possible the most pertinent question is "Has
> she
> >pooped yet?"
> >If the answer is no, the rest of the stuff is probably a
> consequence of an
> >obstructed bowel.  Her doctor should be all over her until he/she
> has an
> >answer and a plan for dealing with that underway.
> >
> >Best,
> >WHH
>

> hi bill
>
> i agree wholeheartedly
>
> pd meds are generally absorbed in the duodenum / upper intestine
> so constipation isn't 'simply' a matter of a food digestion
> dysfunction
>
> constipation frequently is a chronic problem in pd
> if not kept under control, it can become a critical problem
> which can then be [and has been to at least one parkie i know of]
> fatal
>
> janet
>
> janet paterson
> 53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
> a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
> 613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)