Dear friends,

I called Mr. Fox's office in New York City.  His staff
assistant replied to me that they have absolutely
"No Comment" on the Globe's unsubstantiated story.

.It seems to me that Mr. Fox would not undergo
surgery for DBS without many people in the
medical community being aware of it, and that
in turn, Mr. Fox's surgery would be known
to some of us on PIEN long, long before the
supermarket tabloids could print any stories.

His REAL-LIFE drama, and his stoic struggle
against PD, are of such great
interest and inspiration to all, that I think
most PIEN'ers would agree that we should
put the"pulsar" rumor to rest!

Let's keep focused on PD awareness month,
and on raising money to fund the researchers
who are out to find the cause and the cure for PD!

Ivan Suzman
50/39/36

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:21:33 -0500 Camilla Flintermann
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> >The weekly magazine the GLOBE in it's April 4th edition on page 29
> has
> >an interesting article entitled MICHAEL J. FOX LAST CHANCE SURGERY.
> It
> >is reported that the pulsar he had implanted in his chest to
> control his
> >tremors stopped working just months after the operation. The
> failure is
> >the main reason for quitting the popular SPIN CITY sitcom.
> >
> >KEN CLEMENTS   <[log in to unmask]>
>
> I would be interested in hearing confirmation from another
> source---I think
> the Globe is one of the "super market tabloids" like the National
> Enquirer
> which is not always factual in what it reports.  Has anyone seen
> this in
> another paper or magazine?
>
> Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
> Oxford, Ohio
> http://www.newcountry.nu/pd/members/camilla/one.htm
>
> also, on PDWebring at
> http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm
>

>                         "Ask me about the CARE list for
>                         Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)