Daniel Wachula wrote:

 My father was diagnosed about a week ago.  He is taking a drug called Mirapex.  I guess that this drug is about 2 years old.  He lives in Illinois and he needs to be active all the time - he worksout every other day.  My question is - does anybody have any information about this drug? and what about the drug called levodpa?  I have heard that l-dopa wears off after a few years which is why he is taking Mirapex?  Any comments will be great.

My husband was diagnosed in 1976.  His neuro prescribed Sinemet. We heard then that the effect might wear off after about five years.  But after twenty-four years the Sinemet is still effective.  The doctor did try Mirapex but that gave him hallucinations.  Robert takes 3 Sinemet CR tabs 50/200, and two or three Sinemet 25/250 tabs daily.

Aartje