The label CR indicates a controlled release medication.  One method to achieve
the controlled release is to coat the tablet with a special coating of a
substance that dissolves slowly, but the tablet is broken, the slow release
effect is destroyed and that broken tablet works just like any other NON CR
medication.
Michel