Good morning - My name is Martha and I am new to all of this (mailing
lists and Parkinsons), so please be patient with me. I'm the information
gatherer for my family (meaning brother and sister), so I tend to write
in "our" instead of I.  Tuesday morning our Mother was diagnosed as
being in the early stages of Parkinsons.  She's had the tremors for
about 1 1/2 - 2 years, but we couldn't get her to have it checked out.
Her Dr. seems to be fairly with-it, and told her straight-up that he
would treat her as long as he could and then turn her over to someone
more knowledgable when his information ran out.  He started her on some
kind of medicine (She can't remember what it's called, but thinks it
starts with Sli-something and the perscription slip is at the
pharmacy).  I'm just trying to get as much information about the
disease, it's medications and alternative medicines as possible, so at
first I'll probably just "eavesdrop" unless I have a question.  I hope
that's all right.  Well, I've run on long enough, again, thanks for your
patience.
Martha