 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses     37  cold rain  deg. F   :-)
Hi Cari,

I  take partial tablets of both Sinemet and Sinemet CR, to avoid
dyskinesia caused by whole tablets of either medication  being too
strong.

 I also regularly (on my tongue) crush only the regular Sinemet, not the
CR.

With both of these, I stick to  3 hour intervals.

 I limit myself  carefully to well-cut half-tablets (50 mg) of
 100 mg Tasmar, at 4 to 5 hour intervals, again to avoid dyskinesia
that a whole Tasmar causes.

With all these partial-pill doses, lately I am getting 8 TO 10 HOURS
of on-time with very little off-time.  I have never done so well before!

   I also will add 1/4 of a tablet of  Sinemet 25/100 to boost myself ,
when I need more l-dopa, such as when I have leg cramps in the late
afternoon..

Two questions:

  1)  Have you tried cutting the  Tasmar tablets at all?

   2)  Do you give your dad any medications at all after 5 PM?

 I have doses  at 9:15 PM, at 12:15 AM(after midnight),
and at 3:45 AM. Looking at his schedule, I am wondering how he feels
 after his  5 PM.dose has worn off.  How does he get through the night?

 I avoid breaking CR at night,.so that at least in theory,
 I can get  a slow release of l-dopa over a longer period
of time, to enable me to sleep more  comfortably.