Debbie,

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:41:09 -0400 Debbie White <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> My mother Joyce (70 -- Parkinson's Plus) experiences an increase in
> symptoms
> about 15 minutes after taking her morning dose (and sometimes her
> afternoon
> dose).

  Could the after-dose shaking be explained if
the previous dose has worn off, the sleep benefit has ended,
and the new dose has not kicked in yet?

 Sometimes the shaking lasts until the next dose

Could be that she needs a little sugar or vitamin c: maybe
a little orange juice or applesauce might prevent this.  I always
woner if the shaking is due to low dopamine, or low sugar.

-- but it
> definitely
> seems related to her taking drugs. Her evening doses do not produce
> the same
> effects -- in fact, the drugs seems to help slightly. Usually, she
> has
> increased shaking. She takes Sinemet, Requip, and Artane at 7:00
> a.m., 1:00
> p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m. (when she also takes Zoloft).
>
> Also, she said that when she wakes up she feels herself getting more
> and
> more rigid (even after drugs). I'd think one would feel LESS rigid
> the more
> one got up.

Again, maybe the new dose hasn't kicked in yet.  Perhaps after 30
minutes, the dose will take over from the exhausted previous dose.
Just a guess, Debbie!

> Any thoughts? As always, thanks.
> Debbie White

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses    34 cold       deg. F   :-)