Hi Dear Folks,  I was a subscriber before but became overwhelmed with
life :-).  As caregiver to my mother PWP 80/15, I'm racing to find
information about anti-anxiety/anti-depression drugs that are considered
better for PWP.

Her present doctors have just prescribed Zoloft, and I'm wondering
whether there are other drugs that are generally considered more
appropriate for PWP.  The Zoloft is for my mother's anxiety, including
panic attacks.

Until last week, my mother had been taking Zyprexa 5mg at night for
about 8 months, and it seemed give comfort emotionally and physically.
The doctors have slowly cut out the Zyprexa, saying the fewer drugs the
better.   They also said long term effects of Zyprexa may be a problem
some day.  She's taken no Zyprexa for a week now, and her rigidity
during off times is more intense and she feels less capable in general.
She's much more anxious.  Her anxiety could be other factors, e.g., one
dear nurse's aide is leaving, but I'm not certain.

In any case, I keep trying to print info from the Parkinsn Drug Database
and from other sections of John Cottingham's site, but my Netscape keeps
crashing.  My main question is:   What are the drugs that most people
think of when treating anxiety and depression  in PWP?    If I knew the
drug names or could find citations, I'd be able to discuss the issues
better with the doctors who have just now prescribed Zoloft.

They will consult with a neurologist if needed, but it may not be
someone with strong PD experience.  (My mother has peripheral neuropathy
in addition to PD, and she is very stressed by the prospect of leaving
the house).  So we're relying on very caring general doctors who have
established a house call practice out of a prestigious local hospital.)

Many thanks for any pointers about drug names and Parkinsn community
wisdom on anti-anxiety drugs. -- Lynne