This is Parkinson’s Disease month and regards from Greenspring
Village.   On behalf of the Capital Chapter of the National Parkinson
Foundation, I would like to extend an  invitation to you and your
colleagues to help in commemorating the event by joining the
“Parkinson’s Awareness Day” to be held on Saturday 22 April 2000 at
Tyson’s Corner Galleria (just outside Neiman Marcus, lower level),
between 11:00 AM and 2:00 PM.  Jack Anderson, well known columnist, and
Kathrynne Holden, dietitian and author of “Eat Well, Stay Well with
Parkinson’s Disease” will be featured.  A sampling of our exercise group
will be demonstrated with the theme of “We’re all Shook up”  and various
medical and pharmaceutical companies dealing with Parkinson’s Disease
will be represented.

We are raising funds to find a cure for this ‘lousy’ disease that robs
much quality of life from individuals afflicted with it, and we are very
optimistic that we are near the end of the tunnel.  Following the
historical nearly unanimous congressional support and passage of the
Udall Bill, we are in constant contact with government agencies such a
NIH and FDA, and we are sponsoring seed grants for research.  We are
also involved in the support patient care while we await the cure.

Presently, our chapter meets weekly on Tuesday mornings at the
Providence Recreation Center where the Parkinsonians exercise together
while the caregivers meet in another room for support by discussing our
problems.  Once a month, we meet on the second Wednesday at the
Byzantine Catholic Church on Woodburn Road to present different subjects
relating to the disease.  This month we are facing Doctor-Patient
Relations with a panel of medical service providers.  I sincerely hope
that you'll be able to join us.

Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'