My father was diagnosed about a week ago.  He is taking a drug called Mirapex.  I guess that this drug is about 2 years old.  He lives in Illinois and he needs to be active all the time - he worksout every other day.  My question is - does anybody have any information about this drug? and what about the drug called levodpa?  I have heard that l-dopa wears off after a few years which is why he is taking Mirapex?  Any comments will be great.

Thanks for the newsletters on Web sites for PD.  My Dad does not have a computer so I need to gather as much information on this as I can.

Thanks!
Dan in Wisconsin