I forgot to add that this condition worsens after I have been sitting down for about 45
minutes or more.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2000 8:36 PM
Subject: Is this caused by Parkinson's? Please reply if familiar with it.

For the last  years I have had a Mild to Moderate PD. I have been getting by on
25/100 Sinemet 1 a day, 1 MG Mirapex 3 X day and Eldepryl 2 X day.
I had heart bypass surgery on Nov 1998. Beginning on March 1999, I started to
feel a heavyness in my legs, but I  did not pay much attention to that, walking
took care of it.
Last November,  I experienced what I called a Frozen state where I almost keeled over.
I talked to  my Neurologist who said that I was on a very low dosage of Sinemet, so he
upped it to 25/100 twice a day.
That has not helped much, I notice that any kind of physical activity gives me the
heavy legs. Whereas before walking helped, now it aggravates it.
I have read about INTERMITTENT CLAUDICATION, SCIATICA and a host of other
possibiities, but I guess my question is: Can this be caused by an acceleration of
PD to a different stage?
Need your comments, please.

thanks,

Mario A Gonzalez [log in to unmask] 53/4