Joan - I read with interest your comments about searching for the words
to say to your daughter and the frustration she feels. She is probably
frightened at what is happening to you and doesn't know how to handle it.
  Maybe you could devise a method of sign language which may or may not
help. And as far as your son, maybe a hug or a pat  would help him
realize that you truly do care.  Of course he may be at the age where a
hug is embarrassing to  him.   My PWPSP says sometimes people just walk
away from him, and sometimes they interrupt him as if he wasn't even
talking.  He say he tries to understand why they do it, but he is hurt
deep inside for their lack of understanding.  Then there are times when
he searches for the right words and wants help, and he can't get it
because others just don't know what to do. My thoughts and prayers are
with you. You seem so young to have to go through this, and maybe someday
the children will understand. Best wishes, Jo Ann from Houston