Good evening all and greetings from Australia.  About three months ago i
visited a neurologist to seek a diagnosis.  i have experienced worsening
tremors in the hands for about 15 years.  originally i was told that it was
"congenital tremors" .. and, as my father had had the same symptoms ... i
didn't worry about it.

on this visit, the neurologist thought that it 'could' be parkinson's
disease ... but she was unsure ... and asked me to return in about three
months.  she wanted to see what the symptoms were like after resting.

i am concerned about all of this and would like to know, if anyone can
advise me, about options for diagnosis ... and, also, if anything can be
done to arrest the development of the disease?

thanking you all in advance
judy