Hi Sue--- I agree with Barb and Murray re: the importance of a neuro who is
really knowledgeable re: PD.  While there are a number of conditions that
include tremor as a symptom, the PD "resting tremor" is distinctive, and
should be recognizable.  There are other physical things, like gait,
"cogwheeling" of arm, mini-handwriting, etc. that are also significant for
PD.  And there is at present NO test that is definitive---not CAT scans,
MRI, etc,which  though they may be used to RULE OUT other brain conditions
do not diagnose PD--and I really never heard of DNA tests for that either!

I'm also inviting you to join the CARE list for CGs of PWPs, some 360+
folks who can be helpful and supportive as you care for your mother.  Since
you may have joined PIEN list since I posted about CARE, please email me if
you want to join.  Glad you found this list--there are many other resources
and,as was said, "no dumb questions" !

>Evening all.  What a strange world?  I have been sitting here all day,
>absorbing the list news/chat and hanging on your words of wisdom ...
>discussion.  It is so comforting.  Thank you SO much for those who responded
>to the start of my 1000 questions.  Your support is so ... comforting (i'll
>wear the word out if i'm not careful!)
>love to you all
>sue

SNIPPED

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "