Hi Judy---
I woinder why the neuro didn't try Sinemet, which tends to be pretty
diagnostic---what was supposed to happen in 3 months to clarify things?
The term congernital tremors may refer to a condition called "familial
tremor", which is NOT PD.  Tremor alone, after 15 years with no other
symptoms of PD would seem to suggest another condition, not PD.
Have you been in touch with the PD organizations in Australia? If not,
here's a way to reach them:

*   Art Hirsch's website--
http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/farley/817/blynx.html
Go to "Organizations", then "Foundations"--scroll down that list for
 links. to PD resources in :
  -Argentina-     -AUSTRALIA-     -Austria-     -Belgium-     -Brazil-
-Canada-     -Chile-     -Colombia-     -Czech Republic --Denmark-
-Faroes-     -Finland-     -France-     -Germany-    -Iceland-     -India-
-Ireland-     -Israel-     -Italy-  -Jamaica-     -Japan-     -Luxembourg-
-Mexico-     -Netherlands-     -New Zealand-     -Norway-  Peru   -South
Africa-   -Spain-     -Sweden-     -Switzerland-     -United Kingdom- and
-WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Your neuro should be familiar with the various PD meds, which can relieve
symptoms, but cannpot "cure" PD--yet, anyway.  Often  the failure to
respond to Sinemet is a  way of telling that "it" is not PD.
Check these out if you haven't, and good luck!!
******