>I have a friend who was diagnosed with PD about three years ago.  He is 55
>and has retired from the family business.  He has tremor in his right hand
>and has a little difficulty walking.  Right now he has no trouble driving or
>doing his own shopping.  He lives by himself and really doesn't need a
>caregiver at this point.  He doesn't have a computer and I've been trying to
>persuade him to get one and learn to use it now.  I've spoken with his
>brother and one of his sisters about this and they agree that it would be a
>good for him to have one.  We feel that eventually he might need it for
>communication and shopping, etc.  He says he enjoys doing his own shopping
>and right now he can, but we all know how PD can be.  So,what I am getting to
>is this--would anyone (everyone?) e-mail me and tell me how you use your
>computer and how important it is to you?  I'd like to show him something
>besides just my opinion.  Thanks for your help.  Eleanor

Dear Eleanor-- you've had some posts that give good answers-- here's a
snippet from one on CARE that had nothing to do with your question:

Welcome to the group Martha.  You will learn much in this group.  And I know
you will contribute much to the group.  I come here to vent, learn, talk,
cry, feel, and keep my world going.

While your friend is mobile and active is a good time for him to learn the
ropes, --to be "pro-active" and take the best possible care of himself. The
list can help with that. Also, if he has a CG, that person can benefit from
belonging to CARE.  Tell him that knowledge is power!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 81/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

also, on PDWebring at  http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for
                        Caregivers of Parkinsonians ! "