At 02:18 PM 2000/04/12 -0400, you wrote:
>Rick here, an infrequent writer, with a short note. Not blaming
>anyone, just describing a situation. Following the recent flap
>apparently initiated by something a new poster, Cindi Israel,
>wrote on this list, Cindi left because she didn't like the "feel"
>of the list, couldn't believe all the bickering. She didn't write
>10 "I'm leaving" messages. She just left what she felt was a not
>too friendly environment. Too bad, because she was looking for
>>nformation and couldn't hear it because of all the noise.
>Rick 49/47

hi rick

this is interesting
my nose for news hinted of an aroma around that particular persona

first hint:
the very first message was a condemnation of the list with advice on how it
should be run

second hint:
spam prayer requests from the same persona to my personal email address
[uninvited]

if, in fact, the 'noise' got 'in the way'
[how in heck does that work with e-mail anyhow?]
i would suggest that most of the time
we only hear what we want to hear

in this month of trying to increase parkinson's awareness
and all that wwwonderful wwweb info that murray is posting
maybe we should ratchet up the smell-o-meter a notch

the wwweb for all its wonders
comes with many perils

just my other two cents' [cdn] worth

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
a new voice: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/
613 256 8340 PO Box 171 Almonte Ontario Canada K0A 1A0