Parkinson's Awareness Month - Day 10

I've gathered links, bookmarks, and URL's for Parkinson Resources on
the WWWeb and I plan to post them in bunches on this List in my own
personal attempt to raise Parkinson's Awareness around the world...

I encourage you all to jump in and critique, improve, support these
efforts in whatever way you see fit....

WWWeb Resources 10 - Human Genome Project

HGM 2000. April 9-12. Vancouver Convention Centre.
Vancouver, British Columbia. Canada.
http://www.cmmt.ubc.ca/hgm2000
(Link to Plenary Sessions etc.)

HGM 2000 Workshops
http://www.cmmt.ubc.ca/hgm2000/pubses.htm

Scroll down to: The individual and the doctor beyond the genome project
http://www.thelancet.com/newlancet/sub/supplements/vol354s1/body.article2.html

The Human Genome Organisation (HUGO)
http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/hugo/

Human Genome Sequencing Index (HGSI)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/HUGO/

Human Genome Project Information
http://www.ornl.gov/hgmis/

Medicine and the New Genetics
http://www.ornl.gov/hgmis/resource/medicine.html
(Read how Genomics can assist the Medical Professional)

Genetic Disease Information --pronto!
http://www.ornl.gov/hgmis/resource/assist.html

First Parkinson's Disease Gene Discovered - Jan. 1998
http://www.ornl.gov/TechResources/Human_Genome/publicat/hgn/misc/park1.html

Environmental Genome Project Research Program
http://www.niehs.nih.gov/envgenom/abstract/p42omiec.htm

Money needed to cure some of humanity's worst diseases
http://buyselltell.canoe.ca/Health0002/17_money_CP.html

The Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics - University of Oxford
http://www.well.ox.ac.uk/

The National Human Genome Research Institute
http://www.nhgri.nih.gov

Neuroinformatics - The Human Brain Project
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/neuroinformatics/index.cfm

Conference on Data for Science and Society March 13-14, 2000
http://www4.nationalacademies.org/oia/codata.nsf

Centre for Inherited Disease Research
http://www.cidr.jhmi.edu/

Links to the Genetic World
http://www.ornl.gov/hgmis/links.html

The Infinite Mind - Virtual Radio
http://www.lcmedia.com/infinite.htm

Information on participating in our Genetic Studies in Parkinson Disease
http://phg.mc.vanderbilt.edu/parkinson.htm

Genomics: A Global Resource
http://209.52.56.28/

Genomics TODAY
http://209.52.56.28/today/index.html

Scroll these URL's, peruse them, forward them to someone to
promote Parkinson's Awareness....   murray

Disclaimer:

Be forewarned... you must never assume that information obtained from the web
is necessarily the best information available (or even valid). Remember, no one
sets content rules on the Internet.  That said, there is an education awaiting you!

Links to Web sites are provided for information purposes.
I assume no responsibility or liability for material on linked sites.

Please Be Advised: Medical information should always be reviewed with
your physician or attending professional before attempting to change any
medication or therapy.