On 11 Apr 2000, at 16:21, Martha wrote:

> What is dyskinesias and bradykinesia?  Also (This is the stupid portion
> of my letter) what do the numbers people put behind their names at the
> end of their letters mean, everytime I think I have it figured out
> something convinces me I'm wrong.  Thanks in advance - Martha

Hi Martha,
Look here....
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/6th/pdlink.html
scroll down to Glossary for answer to first questions....

The numbers?  Well Murray 55 / 49 / 38
is Age 55 now.... Age 49 when officially diagnosed... Age 38 when
first symptoms occurred....

Some people do the numbers a little different
as in Murray 55 / 6 / 17  (Age 55, 6years since dx, 17 years since
first symptoms)

I generally don't bother with the #'s cuz they're just..... numbers.

The numbers don't mean much because we are all totally
individual in our parkinson's and our progression / coping / etc.

All the best ..... murray