On 12 Apr 2000, at 20:01, Linda J Herman wrote:

>         Thanks to Murray Charters for all the Parkinson's links you have been
> sharing with us

Well, thankew very much Linda for your supportive comments!

> - it would be great if all these links could be included
> on one or more of the PD Web Sites for permanent reference.

Janet Paterson has graciously added a mmmurray page to her
ever growing WWWonderful WWWeb site...
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html
sooo... all these links have been included on one or more of the
PD Web Sites for permanent reference thanks to JP.

> It's very helpful to see good web sites that have been selected by other list
> members. I find it's getting more and more difficult to sift out the
> "good", from the growing number of commercial sites and all the
> misinformation on the Web.
>        This morning I tried doing a simple Alta Vista search for
> "Parkinson's Disease", as a new Internet user might do - and looked at
> the first 20 results.
> But first, on top of the screen was a banner ad (these are often
> customized according to your search topic) stating:  "Live Your Life" - -
SNIP

Ah, the very reason I have pretty much abandoned Alta Vista as a search
engine...  Another thing FWIW ... I use Opera as my browser and "turn off"
all the images for better speed and more concentration on "text content"
and I don't even see most of the advertising....

> Linda Herman

All the very best Linda and Fran and all ..... murray