bill,
sex with or without a speaker?
 ?Om a  related topic it was recently commmented - "giving Hilary a microphone
would be like arming a  guided missile"
back to support groups - i belong to several -
one non pd - a beravement group run by my cngregation, where we are all sworn
not to repeat anything, and as such anything goes... This is very therapeutic,
because then one can say anything. but then, the facilitator is a traineed
therapist.
 Then there are 3 pd groups - the big one meets monthly witih invited speakers
- mainly informational..
Then i started a Yopd group - still small (>10)) where we alternate  speaker
and discussion - so far anything goes - but no privacy clause. AS yet that is
not an issue.
And the newish group started by the chapter coordinator of groups - who is a
pwp himself and a trained therapist,and here again privacy is required, and
anything goes  - and we really do discuss anything and everything- things i
couldnt come out with to my own mother i've been able to talk about here - and
been given support and encouragement that have been extremely valuable.

what i'm trying to say is - i think one makes of a support group what one
wants - and if there isnt one to suit you , make your own - 3 or 4 people ia
quite enuff. but there must be mutual respect.

hilary