Kristi,

Well you picked a good place to learn about Parkinson's Disease and how it
effects people both physically and mentally. This list has been one of the
greatest things I have found. I read these posts every day and have laughed,
cried and learned with these people, they have become a part of my life. I
basiclly just "lurk and learn" but when I read Joan's reply to you I could
relate to her very very well. I also am Young dealing with this disease. I
am 37 yrs old and was dxd with pd at the age of 31. Looking back I can
recall symptoms as far back as age 27 or 28, things like my hand writing
progressive got smaller, I held my left are at my side (as if it were in a
sling) and my voice seem to get softer and softer, my husband thought he was
thought he was going deaf. I also have 2 children at home, a 14 yr old boy
and an 11 yr old girl. It's hard to watch your children deal with struggles
amd challenges that this disease causes.

April is Parkinson's Awareness month, we are striving to make people aware
of Parkisons's Disease. I applaud your willingness to learn about this
disease. I read your essay. Very well done.

Renee'