Eleanor Noone wrote:

> I have a friend who was diagnosed with PD about three years ago.  He is 55
> and has retired from the family business.  He has tremor in his right hand
> and has a little difficulty walking.  Right now he has no trouble driving or
> doing his own shopping.  He lives by himself and really doesn't need a
> caregiver at this point.  He doesn't have a computer and I've been trying to
> persuade him to get one and learn to use it now.  I've spoken with his
> brother and one of his sisters about this and they agree that it would be a
> good for him to have one.  We feel that eventually he might need it for
> communication and shopping, etc.  He says he enjoys doing his own shopping
> and right now he can, but we all know how PD can be.  So,what I am getting to
> is this--would anyone (everyone?) e-mail me and tell me how you use your
> computer and how important it is to you?  I'd like to show him something
> besides just my opinion.  Thanks for your help.  Eleanor
We're going through the same thing with our mom and dad.  Mom has PD and
they are scared to death of a computer (everyone will know their
business, etc....)  I keep printing things out from this forum and other
sites hoping to wet their appetite and show them how useful it will be
in the future. So I also would be interested in gathering some hints.
Thanks, Martha