Since your friend has only recently been diagnosed and his symptoms not that
severe (yet), he may still be in denial and see a computer as something only
needed by domeone with worse symptoms.

He should also consider the learning factor. There hundreds of PWP out there
and some of them will have experience with whatever situation he is or will
face.

I regard this list as "instant experience" with Parkinson's
In the two months I've learned:
- how to take my medication for maximum benefit
- about some foods that interact with the meds
- about "sleep attacks", which my neuro was just becoming aware of
- about depression
- about the research thst's going on.

But most of all what struck me is/are the support and comfort that a group
like this can provide.

It is good to know that you're not alone

--
Frans van Duinen
     (416) 652-8580