Linda (and others), I just went thru that excercise myself.

It bothers me how the drug and remedy suppliers and it seems some of the
professional fundraisers are using PD as a business opportunity. As you
noticed they know how to get ranked high in the search algorithm.
And obviously, the search engines sell search-dependent advertising.

Then there are the "hit seekers" who sell advertising space and who provide
some amount of PD material or other special interest stuff. They appear to be
less complete and less current in the information they provide.

And then there are the jewels, the resources like this list, Janet's site,
John Cottingham's etc. Operated by volunteers without funding.  And somehow
these are the best sites by a long shot.

So how do we tell the newcomers where to start and what they can ignore...

Also, how do we protect these jewels and their continuity...

It would seem to me that this internet thing can be very useful but is going
to ttake some work to use it well.  Ideas anyone?

--
Frans van Duinen
     (416) 652-8580