Bill -

Thanks for this info about the MBTI.  I think that will help people who think
they might be interested in learning more about it, and it was information I
hadn't had time to dig out yet.

I just picked up my copy of "Type Talk," by Kroeger and Thuesen, opened it at
random, and came across this quote:  "Overall, NFs feel that the most
important thing is to be in harmony with themselves and with others.
Everything else will naturally fall into place.  According to Kiersey, NF's
quest in life is for identity. This quest leads them forever to ask "Who am
I?"

"(As fate would have it, the SJs...are inclined to provide an
answer--something like 'You're an *airhead*, that's who you are.'  For the
NF, that simply fosters the next quest: 'Who *am* I, now that I know I'm an
airhead?'  And life goes on.)"  pp. 32-33

Somehow that quote reminded me a bit of the occasional misunderstandings that
crop up on the list.  <grin>

Your friendly "airhead," Margie

         Yes,  the  MBTI is one of many personality-type, psychological
      tests that are available and one of the most popular  ones  --  I
      think I've taken them all. :-)

         From the 1990 edition of the test:

         The  MBTI  (Myers-Briggs  Type  Indicator) was developed by an
      American mother and daughter team., Katharine Briggs  and  Isabel
      Myers.   They  based  the  Indicator on the work of C. G. Jung, a
      Swiss psychiatrist who had studied people's  behaviors  for  many
      years.   The  MBTI  provides  a  useful measure of personality by
      looking at eight personality preferences that all people  use  at
      different times.  These eight preferences are organized into four
      bi-polar scales.  When you take the Indicator, the  four  prefer-
      ences  that  you  identify as most like you (one from each scale)
      are combined into what is called a "type."
 (snip)