Ken asked Don:
 Do you remember a song called "Pack Up Your
>Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag, and Smile, Smile Smile?"  (Maybe thats not the
>exact name?) I remember hearing it on a radio show, I don't remember who sang
>it, good trivia question!

Well Ken, I remember that as sung by my father--it was one of the World War
1 songs he used to sing, like "It's a Long way to Tipperary", "Till we meet
again", "There's a :Long Long trail a-winding"---Here are the words as I
recall them---- and Don may know that a "lucifer" is a match, and a "fag" a
cigarette, which was still P.C. in those days.....

Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag
and smile, smile, smile!
While you've a lucifer to light your fag,
smile boys , that's the style!
What's the use of worrying?
It never was worth while, so---
Pack up your troubles in your old kit bag
and  smile, smile, smile!

I agree that it's a good theme for our cyber-Dad, Don....and will also
mention that I had NOT been born  yet when it was sung by the troops!  :-)

        ---just for fun!........ Camilla        <[log in to unmask]>

     also on PDWebring at :
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                          Laughter--    :-)   :-)
                             the best medecine !