On Fri 21 Apr, Ivan M Suzman wrote:
> Hi Don, Camilla, and PIEN
>
> I wonder if the older  PIENfolks will listen to a young upstart of 50,
> like me?
>
> Don,  can you please ask Vivian to give your neurologist a phone call for
> you,
> about your nighttime leg cramps.  I discovered that if I take Sinemet CR,
>  AT BEDTIME , my cramps disappear, as long as my feet stay warm at night.
>
> Now that I'm 50, I have received an AARP membership invitation ... so if
> I see you at AARP,
>  you and I can lead a discussion group called:
>
>        " How to Outsmart Parkinson's Disease at Night "
>
> I use nylon ropes with knots spaced 12 " apart, to climb out of bed from
> the laying down to
> the sitting up position, UNASSISTED, and, it helps strengthen my arms.
>
> Write back, please,  and tell us if the neuro says to try Sinemet CR
> at bedtime.
>
>   And good luck finding Viv a present-- she deserves it!
>

> Ivan
> :-)
> 50/39/36
> On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:34:32 -0400 Don McKinley <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> > TIP OF THE DAY
> (CUT)

> > http://www2.wcoil.com/~flash
>
> ^^^^^^  WARM GREETINGS  FROM  ^^^^^^^^^^^^  :-)
>  Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
>  Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        40 rain from storm in Ohio
>   deg. F   :-)

I have been taking Controlled release Madopar (That is 100mg of L-dopa)
for many years. The objective was to help me sleep more comfortably. One
Madopar CR gives me a half dose of L-dopa, which is enough to relax me.
If I take a full dose, my brain is too active, which keeps me awake

Even though I take the MadoparCR, I started getting leg and foot cramps
about a year ago. The only way out, once the cramp has started is to get
out of bed and stand upright (I haven't moved so fast in a long time!)

Now the good news: I am aware that doctors often prescribe Quinine , so
I tried a small glass of tonic water at nighttime, (5 or 6 oz seems right)
and it works perfectly ! Not only that, if a drop of Gin should
accidentally get in the glass as well it doesn't seem to spoil the
'medicine' at all.
Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>  (60/39/34)