HiLinda and all,
Thank you for your comments.  I too don't wish to criticize anyone's
site.  I just found this one different enough in a positive way to
consider it as a future model (among others) for what to do right...

It's 08:30 AM here and the Sun Run starts in 1/2 hour (40,000 +
runners) and the route goes right below our condo...

http://www.sunrun.com/

Gotta go watch...... it's a gorgeous day ......    murray