On 16 Apr 2000, at 14:07, Frans van Duinen wrote:

> Running a 386 eh?  Makes me feel better about my 486.
>
> I used to use Pegasus for email, but downgraded to Netscape for ease of
> following URLs in the email.
> What I'm still looking for is email with full database support for storing
> messages.

Hi Frans,
I tried Netscape, Netscape and Eudora, Internet Explorer and Outlook
Express, among other combinations.  (at work, not on my 386)

For me, the combination that works the best is Pegasus and Opera.

It has all the features I need, you can toggle back and forth between
the two, and it runs fast with limited resources. Once you try it, the
others seem "tone-deaf" to quote Janet Paterson.

I cannot adequately express the admiration I have for the principals
that developed these programs.  I have no tie-in financial or otherwise
but I will admit to passionately promoting these very worthwhile and
very affordable programs at the drop of a proverbial hat.

Pegasus is shareware.
http://www.pegasus.usa.com/

Opera has a 30 day evaluation at:
http://www.operasoftware.com

On a 486 I would use Windows 95, Pegasus 3.12, and Opera 3.62 or
Opera 4.0 Beta 3....

I'm thinking of trying Linux next as Pegasus has a Linux version and
Opera soon will have.

We are in the process of scrapping our 386's as better equipment
comes our way.

Best regards ........... murray