Hi Gregory,
I think you missed the point in my post!

Some can't upgrade! Some can't disable javascript! They don't have it!
Anyone with a non javascript browser that attempts to go to
your homepage at: http:www.parkinson.org  is not getting anywhere!

All they get is (usually) a blank page!  Some, as Frans found, get
an error message.  Some, as I discovered, trying several browsers
on several patforms, get an animation in the form of a twirling tri-corn.
Some get the text National Parkinson Foundation followed by the text
Blazing Toward a Cure and the hyperlink enter which then takes
them to http://www.parkinson.org/index.

Incidently, nowhere did I see "text version".  If you have a browser
that gets you to a text version hyperlink then you probably would
not have a problem.

The point was that access is being denied to those unable to
upgrade!  The point was that your revised homepage doesn't
address any accessibility guideline.  The point was that thousands
have bookmarked http://www.parkinson.org  and other sites have
linked to http://www.parkinson.org.  I notice it is a part of your
signature below.  It's out there!  The point was that the very people
you should be serving are receiving a dis-service! The point was that
any service or medical site should be accessible to everyone in some
manner, and sites that address the disabled, like yours, in particular.

I'm disapointed in anyone's attitude that says just get the free
20 meg upgrade.  It usually means you have to also upgrade your
operating system and your hardware.  It doesn't fit on a 386 running
Windows 3.1.   Who uses such antique computers?  Plenty of
folks who can't afford the "free" option above.  No one should be
forced to upgrade to the latest software.  Have you not seen MicroSoft
vs. the State in the press?

I have successfully browsed the Internet with 386's for a number
of years and plan on continuing to support others with free
hardware. Plenty of people around the globe don't use Internet
Explorer or Netscape at all!  There are lots of other browsers.

Please reconsider the Accessibility Guidelines.

There are one and a half million people with Parkinsons.  Not all
are wealthy enough to afford pentiums with IE5.  Is Dr. Lieberman
only gonna answer questions for the rich and lucky from now on?

I urge you to think about it...

I've taken the liberty of posting this letter as a cc on the forum that
spawned the initial query.  (The PARKINSN List)

Regards ......... murray