On 15 Apr 2000, at 4:56, Maryse Schild wrote:

> Funny how someone who thinks it is spanish can translate a portuguese
> text. When do we start using esperanto?;-)
> Maryse

Hi Maryse,
I am English speaking only but tried to fathom what Joao P. said
by rolling his words around and looking at the layout of the web
pages at uol.com   I'm a very curious cat by nature I guess...
I thought I did pretty good considering my handicap.  LOL
I knew it was a Latin based foreign language.
Now I have learned that Brazil is the only Latin American country
to use a Portugese dialect.  So you see I learn something from
this List every day, sometimes in spite of myself.....

all the best ..........  murray