On 15 Apr 2000, at 7:49, Linda J Herman wrote:

>       Thanks for your reply, Murray - I thought this site was great:
> Newly Diagnosed With PD
> http://spring.parkinsons.org.uk/spnewly.htm

Yes, it is particularly good...

> I couldn't connect to the FAQ site - could you check the URL?
> The Frequently Asked Questions About Parkinson's Disease
> http://etb.ninds.nih.gov/PDFAQ.html

HHmmmm...  It worked a few days ago... I'll keep an eye on it and
let you know when it's working again...  The URL WAS valid....

>  I wasn't suggesting yet another PD web site - but  maybe links and
> access to some of the "gems" could be expanded and improved.  Also
> helpful is a short description of what the link is about, if it's not
> clear by the title.

I see.... What do you think of the clarity of layout at this site??
http://www.indobuzz.com/pdfi/l2.htm

> Below is a listing of Web sites that Barb Blake-Krebs, who is still
> recuperating, and I compiled for the appendix to our book on young onset
> PD, Behind the Masks, ( which is still under consideration for
> publication - they ask us to "be patient.") It is based on suggestions
> from the list and our own favorites, and is  open to other
> recommendations (especially for non U.S. organizations and young onset
> sites) -- or corrections if you note an error, or ommissions.  We will
> also look through all of Murray's recommened sites. Thanks
> Linda

I don't know that I would apply a blanket "reccommendation" to all
the sites from my searches and bookmarks... My intent is to "broaden"
the very narrow scope of what we look at in our quest to be as informed
as posible.  I am sharing all the sites in an effort to raise Parkinson's
Awareness and to encourage positive feedback. I hope the 1900 +
members of this List will jump on me if I present something that is
wrong.....  (Could happen :-))))

Your postings and a few others may well start the ball rolling.
Thankyou very much Linda, for your input and list of sites to consider

All the best ............. murray