Hi Anne,
I can't wait for all the rest of the details of the "new" structure.

As for keeping busy... my brother says to look out for the new "virus".

There is a new virus going around, called "work."    If you receive any
sort of "work" at all, whether via email, Internet or simply handed to you
by a colleague ... DO NOT OPEN IT.

This has been circulating around our building for months and those who
have been tempted to open "work" or even look at "work" have found that
their social life is deleted and their brain ceases to function properly.

If you do encounter "work" via email or are faced with any "work" at all,
then to purge the virus, send an email to your boss with the words "I've
had enough...  I'm off to the pub." The "work" should automatically be
forgotten by your brain. If you receive "work" in paper-document form,
simply lift the document and drag the "work" to your garbage can. Put on
your hat and coat and skip to the nearest bar with two friends and order
three pints of beer (or rum punch). After repeating this action 14 times,
you will find that "work" will no longer be of any relevance to you and
that "Scooby Doo" was the greatest cartoon ever.

Send this message to everyone in your personal address book. If you do NOT
have anyone in your personal address book, then I'm afraid the "work"
virus has already corrupted your life.

mike___________________________________________________

On 20 Apr 2000, at 11:54, Anne Rutherford wrote:

> Bill Harshaw and Murray Charters are right --keep busy and you will feel
> better.
>
> Re the Strategic Planning Weekend
> It was a wonderful 3 days ...As Bill said a new name was discussed and
> Parkinson Society Canada was selected ---a new name for an 'umbrella'
> national organization.
>  The first word 'Parkinson' identifies the cause we support.
> The second word 'Society ' is closer to our activities  than Foundation
> (collector and granter  of funds). Society is used by several of the
> Canadian PD orgs and describes a  people orientation.
>  Canada .... well that's where we live.
>
> There were one or more representatives from each PD org in Canada and
> participation was encouraged. Some difficult questions were dealt with
> at the workshop.  Others are sure to appear as negotiations procede but
> I hope the spirit of cooperation and good will will continue
>
> I join Bill in welcoming Mary Jardine as CEO  Mary has a great deal of
> experience
> in 'not for profit orgs' and has worked in the west and east noth and
> south of Canada
> The future looks bright
> Anne Rutherford

Thanks Anne... Best regards............ murray