I cannot see how an insurance company can classify a pharmaceutical

product if it had been approved by the FDA and then in the United

States Pharmacopeia (USP).  The USP is the premier official compendium

for all approved drugs in every state of the union. Yet you should first

verify the status of the drug.

Michel

Margie Swindler

<<
 And that upset me for a number of reasons.  First, how is Requip not a
 maintenance drug?  Second, should an HMO be able to reclassify a drug as
 non-formulary in a unilateral action?  And third, what does this ultimately
 mean for prescription drug coverage by Medicare?