Bill,

Congratulations to all our Canadien Friends on your
restructuring. We Houstonian's are about to kick off an
exploratory team to look at re-unification of PD Foundation
and Society services in the Houston area. We have also held
preliminary discussions on a Texas state-wide Parkinson's
advocacy movemeent.

 I hope your booklet "Neourosurgery for PD"  is well
received. You must have put a great deal of effort into it.

Regards,

Bob Martone
http://www.kingwoodcable.com/martone/

-Subject: What I've been up to
Dear List,

During the last few months, while I haven't been active on
the list, I have
not been idle.

1.    I participated in the  Parkinson Foundation of
Canada's strategic
planning weekend, during which the Foundation was reinvented
with a new name
"Parkinson Society Canada" and a new mission statement "We
are the voice of
the Parkinson community in Canada".  I covered the
conference for the
"Parkinson Post"; my artice will be  in the summer issue
2.    I was on the Selection Committee for the new CEO and
National Director of Parkinson Society Canada.  She is Mary
Jardine, and she comes to us from the BC & Yukon Division of
the Canadian Cancer Society.  Mary has substantial
experience in the voluntary health
charity sector.  We are confident she will lead us on to
substantial growth
in the achievement of our mission

3.    The Second Edition of my booklet "Neurosurgery for
Parkinson's
Disease: a patient's perspective" is at the printer and is
expected to be
available at the Central Ontario Region of PSC's spring
Conference on
Saturday May 13.  List members will nr interested to know
that Bonb Fink and
Charlie Meyer were among the reviewers.

Cheers,

Bill