In a message dated 4/20/00 4:32:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 HELP!  I need some information in a hurry.  Does anyone know whether or not
 the chicken pox virus affects older people even if they had it when they were
 children?  >>

As far as I know, once someone has the chicken pox, they're immune for life.
I had them as a child, then was of course exposed when my children had them
years ago.  Now we've been exposed to the grandchildren's chickenpox, and
still no spots!

I think your mother would be safe to visit with the "poxed" children if
you're sure she had them as a child.  Here's a question - did YOU have them
as a child?  If your mother didn't catch them then, she's almost certainly
immune.

If it would make you or your mother more comfortable, why not call her doctor
and ask.

Margie Swindler