Cari,

  I have been have been VERY frustrated and  probably,
as angry as you must feel about your  ordeal, trying to take care of your
Dad.

You have so much positive energy, that if you can UNLEASH
it, you will be a wonderful spokeswoman for ALL of us PWP's.

  Where are our media anyway?

   Do you have to be  a Reno, Fox  or Arafat (who has PD),
to get news coverage?? CERTAINLY NOT!!

   At least, I got on radio for 30 minutes, on WHOM-FM, April 16th, and
my own friends are producing the duplicate audiocassette tapes.

    Cari, why not call your LOCAL radio DJ , or friend-of-a-friend,
at a COMMUNITY or COLLEGE radio station, or maybe,
a SMALL local newspaper, or a NEWSLETTER- or write your
own column on PIEN... and tell the world how you feel!!

    JUST DO IT!

     I sincerely hope that you, JoAnn and Dempsey have the
best possible awareness month.  I'm rooting for all 3 of you.
Truly.

Keep your chin up!!

 Ivan
50/39/36

:-)   i<<<cb>>>s

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:33:54 EDT Cari Barrett <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> ditto on this one - "they" can publically make mention of Parkinson's
> in a
> negative manner - but has ANYBODY OUT THERE (well, in the U.S.,
> anyway...) -
> seen any NATIONAL coverage or mention of Parkinson's Awareness
> month?  I'm so
> angry about this I could scream -
>
> Please advise if you have...
>
> Cari
>   daughter of Dempsey-PWP (71/16+)
>   & Jo Ann-CGiver

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses       38 cold easterly winds
deg. F   :-)